Admitted to Bar in 2005.
Research, Civil Law and Litigation, Commercial Law and Litigation, Estates Trusts & Succession, Co-Op and Condominium Law, Private International Law & Comparative Law, EU Law and Arbitration.
Anna was born in Thessaloniki in 1980. She became a member of Stavropoulos L.C. in 2005 as a junior associate. She is now part of the Civil Litigation team and is involved in most of the Estate and Trust matters handled by the firm.
Anna obtained her law degree from the Democritus University of Thrace in 2003. Subsequently was awarded her Postgraduate Diploma in Private International Law. Dissertation: “The recent developments on the issue of corporate registered office in European Private International Law”.
Field of post graduate studies includes: Law of International Affairs (European Private International Law), Private International Law, Comparative Law, Principles of International Law in practice, Specific matters of Private International Law and Comparative Law (Cultural Property), Specific matters of International Law (International Arbitration), Law on Foreigners (Political Asylum in Greece), International Environmental Law, Human Rights.
Anna was called to the Athens Bar in 2005 and is presently admitted to practice before all Greek Courts of the First Instance in any procedure, all Courts of Appeal (Civil & Criminal Procedure).
- Civil Law
- Civil Litigation
- Trusts and Estates Resolutions and Administration
- Immovables, Property Law & Litigation, Co-op and Condominium Law
- EU Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Articles, Publications, Dissertations:
- The responsibility of the reputed state entities”
- “Revision of the decision dated July, 11th of 1996 in the matter concerning the application of the contract for the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide (Bosnia and Herzegovina versus Yugoslavia), Preliminary objections (International Court of Justice, Yugoslavia versus Bosnia and Herzegovina, February, 3rd, 2003)”
- “General Principles of European Private International Law”
- “The provisions of free competition in Private International Law”
- “Comparative Law and Comparative Literature”
- “Contractual forms of cooperation: viable development of water resources”
- “Participation in a moot court in English language «ICJ, Case concerning the alleged aerial spraying by Colombia of toxic herbicides over Ecuadorian territory, 2008”
- “International Arbitration, Fields of Arbitrability, Industrial and Intellectual Property”
- “The definition of refugee in European Union”
- “Return of Illegal Export of cultural property”
Activities & Attendance:
- May 2010, Attention of the 1st Seminar of Mediation in Piraeus,” Mediation in civil and commercial matters”.
- November 2006- February 2007 Attendance of seminars in the Athens Bar Association, subject “Modern Advocacy”
- May 2006- December 2006 English Legal Terminology in ” Interlingua”
- March – April 2003 Attendance of Seminar in Commercial Law in the Athens Bar Association