LL.B – Trainee LAWER
Ourania Vlachea was born in Athens, Greece in 1990. She graduated from the prestigious German School of Athens in 2007.
Rania graduated from the Faculty of Law of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 2013 and she became a member of the Athens Bar Association in 2013 as a trainee lawyer. She is now a prospective lawyer undergoing professional training at a law office to qualify.
Her legal education encompasses experience in Public International law, European Community law, Private, Commercial, Tax, Public and Criminal law from a theoretical point of view. During her
undergraduate Studies Rania conducted academic research on the following subject matter:
- Greek Debt Crisis and Bankruptcies
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The Loan facility agreement between Greece and the Eurozone
- The registration of foreign ships
- The democratic principles within the European Union and its position on modern slavery.
Since 2007 Rania participated in 10 Model United Nations Conferences in Athens, in St. Petersburg, in Dublin, in Taipei and in Rome where she delivered position papers and draft resolutions concerning the following issues:
- Renewable energy sources
- Climate change
- Genetically Modified Foods
- The diamond trade in Africa
- The Situation in the Republic of Congo and in India – Pakistan
- Natural disasters and Kyoto Protocol
- The US embargo on Cuba
- The Situation in Lebanon and the Special Tribunal
- Sanctions against Iran and the Situation in Syria
She is a member of European Law Student’s Association in Greece and is fluent in English and German.